Our parish is celebrating 60 years in the Guelph community. The first liturgy at the Holy Protection of the Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church was held in October 1955 on the feast day of the Holy Protection of the Mother of God.
In December 1951, a committee was formed. In the summer of 1952 the lot was purchased from the City of Guelph with the help of the Catholic Church Extension. Soon after, on October 12, 1952, the lot was consecrated. Ewhen Gren was granted the architect. The long awaited construction began in spring of 1954 with raising $5,000. The basement was completed in 1954. About 10 years later, in 1962, the domes were completed and hoisted onto the church.
The Iconostasis was an ongoing project. Adriadna and Oleg Krayevsky designed and created the intricate “Ukrainian Baroque” Iconostasis. The development was between 1963-1993.
115 York Road
Guelph, Ontario, N1E 3E7
Pastor’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Divine Liturgy
11:00 am – Ukrainian