Navigation Menu
St. Joseph the Betrothed Parish

St. Joseph the Betrothed Parish

  • Author: Tom Hrywna
  • Date Posted: Sep 21, 2014
  • Category:
  • Address: 300 River Oaks Blvd. East, Oakville, ON

St. Joseph’s was founded in 1956. The first Liturgy was celebrated by Fr. Gregory Shushkewych on Ukrainian Christmas (January 7, 1956) at St. Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church in downtown Oakville. In the early years this small mission parish was served by the Redemptorist Fathers from their seminary in Meadowvale. In 1964 a 1-acre parcel of land was purchased on Maple Grove Dr.
The chapel on Maple Grove Drive served the parish well since 1966. In 2008 a 4-acre parcel of land was purchased (corner of Trafalgar Rd & River Oaks Blvd). Two years later construction began on a 43,000 sq.ft. facility. which included a new church, a daycare and a modern parish centre. A small number of seniors who were founding members in the 1950s were delighted to attend the blessing of the new church in April of 2012. A chapel located off the narthex of the church has been dedicated to honour all our pioneer families.

Location:
300 River Oaks Blvd. East
Oakville, ON, L6H 5T1

Contact:
Phone: 905-337-1400
Fax: 905-337-1400
Email: admin@sjucc.ca

Website: 
sjucc.ca

Sunday Divine Liturgy
9:00 am – Ukrainian
11:00 am – Ukrainian/English