On December 1, 1952 St. Nicholas Church took shape as a parish, under the guidance of Fr. Dr. Bohdan Lipsky, who began to form the spiritual life of the parish and the iconographic work on the interior of the church. Icons at St. Nicholas were written according to the traditions of Byzantine iconography. In addition, a small chapel dedicated to the Holy Wisdom was completed in the balcony of the church proper. Recently, the parish community centre has been renovated and updated to fulfill the needs of the parish community by providing space for the parish school, housing for priests, a small theological library and much more
The Parish has been blessed with many knowledgable and experienced Pastors: Fr. Dr. Bohdan Lipsky, Fr. Ivan Syrotynsky, Rt. Rev. Archimandrite Dmitri Pankiw, Fr. Victor Holowacz and since 2005, Fr. Dr. Roman Lobay. The parish follows the traditional liturgical life of the Byzantine Church serving matins, vespers, all-night vigils, akathists, molebens and many other services. Nowadays, the parish has 800 registered families and is served by 4 parish priests and 2 deacons.
4 Bellwoods Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, M6J 2P4
Schedule of Sunday Services:
Saturday Evening Vespers: 6:00 pm – Ukrainian
Sunday Morning Matins: 6:30 am – Ukrainian
Sunday Divine Liturgy: 8:00am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 6:00 pm – All in Ukrainian